Hart is a major Chinese shipping company with significant experience shipping to Ghana. We also offer customs clearance Ghana services to ensure that your package arrives on time.
With its specialized workforce in Ghana, Hart Logistics has been shipping to Ghana for many years.
We will always do our best to provide the most affordable transportation from China to Ghana. Contact us right away, and we’ll do everything we can to assist you with your importing company.
In Ghana, Hart Logistics has a specialized staff to assist you in completing customs clearance procedure in Ghana. With its connections to international shipping firms and professional transport specialists, Hart Logistics can get your consignment from China to Ghana quickly.
We will transfer your goods from China to Ghana as quickly as possible due to our good associations and experienced shipping staff through customs clearance Ghana.
HART has a number of partnerships with shipping firms, including Maersk, MSC, CMA-CGM, COSCO, Evergreen, APL, PIL, Yang Ming, OOCL, and others, in order to offer space availability and affordable shipping rates.
As two major advantages, HART has a strong standardization and systematization strategy. We’ve set up an in-house designed logistics system to manage, monitor, and track all of your shipping orders online. Whatever products you wish to transport from China to Ghana via air, sea, train, express, or door to door, they must be legal and authentic according to customs regulations for clearing goods at Tema port. Then this is the place to come for your ideal answers. Simply contact us for a quote.
Our Other Services Besides Customs Clearance Ghana
Hart Logistics can arrange air freight from China to Ghana. All of the well-known airlines that import to Ghana from China have deep relationships with Hart Logistics.
We may supply FCL container shipping according to the needs of our clients from China to ghana. We can handle customs policy to streamline the shipment process also.
We may be able to handle your LCL cargo if you do not require FCL. It saves space and cost. In terms of LCL freight service, we are extremely adaptable.
For our Ghana clients, Hart Logistics provides door to door shipment. Our staff picks up goods from the source in China and delivers them to the destination in Ghana.
DHL, UPS, FedEx, TNT, and other companies have specific agreements with Hart Logistics. For express courier service, we provide excellent discount pricing.
We utilize a warehouse to keep your items secure before shipment and throughout packing in China or Ghana. Our extensive network will provide you with some choices.
HART is also a pickup and delivery service provider besides door to door service. We are available to pick and deliver at any time. Simply tell us what you’re looking for.
For e-commerce customers, we always supply FBJ shipping from China to the Jumia warehouse. Delivering to Amazon is also accessible beside Jumia.
Why Choose Hart for Your Customs Clearance Ghana?
HART focuses on target markets to provide the best service possible. Focusing’s standard systematization helps lower delivery costs without sacrificing service.
Cheap Shipping Rate
HART has reached a comprehensive understanding with commercial shipping organizations and has signed protracted partnerships with them. We assure lower operational expenses and are continuously looking to enhance our service.
Standardized shipping service, standardized shipping policy, and standardized cargo handling capability have all been developed by HART. We can rapidly reply to client inquiries and guarantee that they receive high-quality service.
HART has a skilled software development team. For monitoring and control, we created a customized support system based on an online paperless operation. All of the procedures are automated.
All nodes in the HART value chain are self-contained. WE put together a team of experts to keep an eye on the in-house software system. Our in-house software system service puts everything under your control.
Custom Clearance Service
In several crossings, HART has its own customs clearance unit. To ensure customs processes, they work with local but competent customs agents. Our customs staff is continuously researching the various customs policies also.
HART can provide more services than others. We have branches and warehouses in over 20 Chinese cities, as well as the United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, India, Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, Egypt, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Senegal, etc.
Highly Trained Team
It is essential to provide staff training in order to improve efficiency. As a result, we place a high value on continual systematized training for all of our workers. We train them to be professional in terms of responding quickly and giving the best service to you.
Professionalism may help an agency stand out from the crowd. We always encourage our employees to expand their professional knowledge and abilities in their workplace. We teach them to always give comprehensive information.
Qualifications and Honor for Customs Clearance Ghana
Business Form for International Freight Forwarders
The Ministry of Commerce is responsible for enforcing and approving the People’s Republic of China’s Foreign Trade Laws and Regulations on the Administration of the International Cargo Transport Agency. To provide shipping services, all international freight forwarders in China must obtain this certificate for shipping agency’s operations.
NVOCC Business Operation Qualification Registration Certificate
Although the majority of foreign shipping agencies in China are not members of the NVOCC, they are required to register with the Chinese Ministry of Transportation. It has considerably stricter requirements than a typical Chinese freight forwarder. NVOCC offers booking and shipping benefits, as well as the capacity to issue its own bills of lading. It enables you to handle your items more effectively.
ISO9001 2015 Quality Management System Certificate
In order to provide a good customer experience and eliminate any errors or misunderstandings with consumers ISO9001 2015 Quality Management System Certificate is important. A global quality management system is implemented. And we work hard to ensure that all of our clients receive the same high-quality service. Our communications and working practices are governed by this approved system.
Certificate of Membership for WCA
The World Cargo Transportation Alliance (WCA) has built the world’s largest and most powerful worldwide network of independent shipping agencies. HART is immediately covered by the industry’s most extensive and comprehensive financial protection policy as a member of WCA. It gives us complete trust in our dealings with other WCA members.
Certificate of Membership for CIFA
The China International Freight Forwarders Association (CIFA) is a national social organization in China’s international shipping agency sector that is governed by the Ministry of Commerce. CIFA’s aim is to improve industry self-discipline and coordinated management while also fostering a competitive market environment.
Customs Clearance Ghana | The Ultimate FAQ Guide
In many countries, including Ghana, international shipping plays a vital role in world trade and the local economy.
However, the customs clearance Ghana part is the most difficult but important for completing the shipping process.
It is necessary to have a deep understanding of customs clearance Ghana to comply with the law and get the most out of any overseas commerce system.
Therefore, this FAQ is written all about customs clearance for shipping from China to Ghana.
Table Of Content
- What Is Customs Clearance Ghana?
- When Do I Need To Go Through The Customs Clearance Ghana Process?
- What Are The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
- What Documents Do I Need For Customs Clearance Ghana?
- Who Is In Charge Of The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
- How Long Does It Take To Complete The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
- How Much Does Cost Customs Clearance Ghana For Shipping From China?
- What Are The Reasons For The Rejections Of Shipment During Customs Clearance Ghana?
- What Happens If Customs Holds My Package During Clearing Goods At Tema Port?
- What Are Incoterms And Why Is It Important For Customs Clearance Ghana?
- Do All Packages Shipped From China By Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
- How To Choose A Customs Broker To Complete The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
- Can I Track The Status Of The Customs Clearance Ghana?
- What Are The Items Prohibited And Restricted In Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
- How Can I Pay The Customs Bill For Clearing Goods At Tema Port?
- Can I Complete My Own Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
1. What Is Customs Clearance Ghana?
Importing or exporting goods from China to Ghana necessitates customs clearance procedure in Ghana.
If all of the shipping processes have been completed, the shipper will submit customs duty paperwork, which will be paid, and the package will be approved.
When a customs agent is employed to refer to during imports and exports, customs clearing becomes even easier.
Customs clearance includes preparing and submitting the paperwork required to ensure export or imports into or out of the state.
It represents the clients during customs inspections, analyses, and duty payments.
The shipping agent releases the cargo from customs by clearing the above things with appropriate documents.
HART is a renowned shipping agent who works also as a customs broker.
The customs authority clears the consignment from the port after receiving all required documents from HART and paying customs duties, VAT, and tax by HART.
2. When Do I Need To Go Through The Customs Clearance Ghana Process?
Customs clearance involves notifying customs of the items in issue and paying import charges, which are often customs fees and value-added tax.
When importing, ordering, or receiving products from China into Ghana, you must typically pass your items through Customs.
If you send or export products from Ghana to China, customs clearance is also necessary.
You may find out more by contacting a clearing and shipping service provider.
HART Logistics is a major clearing and shipping agent in China and also for clearing goods at Tema port who offers a cost-effective clearing and shipping service.
Keep in mind that the clearance and shipping procedure is specified as per specific countries.
Therefore exporting from China, having a clearing and shipping agency is essential for completing the customs clearance procedure in Ghana.
3. What Are The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
The submission of a shipping document and the actions that follow are the first steps in the customs clearance process.
Business executives as an importer have had to go through import customs procedures while importing products from China to Ghana.
There are specific conventions that must be followed during this procedure.
To effectively complete the customs clearance process, the importer should be required to present proper papers.
After submitting documents, the customs clearance procedure in Ghana will be start.
The customs clearance procedure in Ghana is mentioned below:
Bill of Entry
This is the first stage in the process of clearing customs.
The customs officer in charge of the requested shipment’s documentation will be assigned. The computerized bills need to be issued here.
Assessment of The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana
The following are the main responsibilities of the assessing officer in the clearance of goods process:
- To figure out who is responsible for the obligation.
- to see if the healthy operation is restricted in any way
- At the time of the bill of entry, make a note of the invoicing and any statements that were filed.
- Takedown a list of consecutive valuations and other assessment information accessible from the custom homes.
The cargo declaration is manually processed by the assessment officer, who carefully considers all of the criteria.
All calculations are computerized in the EDI system. Furthermore, the system offers adequate information for the computation of Duty.
Checking The Bill Of Entry
After completing the collection of the relevant papers, the customs agent will determine if any modifications are necessary.
After obtaining approval from the Deputy or Assistant Commissioner, this can be done.
Green Channel Facility
There will be no requirement for normal testing methods for the inspection of goods under the Green Channel Facility.
At the time of the bill of entry, the statement on the declaration form will be made.
Instead of a physical evaluation of the products, the standard procedure will be used.
Payment of Duties
It is essential that all importers pay their duties.
Different customs administrations have a number of bank facilities where the duty is supposed to be deposited.
Before paying the duty, double-check the name of the bank.
Warehousing Bill Of Entry
A bill of entry for clearing customs of commodities for storage purposes takes on a completely new shape.
This bill is evaluated in the same way as a standard bill of entry, and then calculates the tax payable.
This is simple to accomplish once legalized the entire bill of the entry procedure.
The importer can take delivery of his products after verifying customs clearances with port authorities.
4. What Documents Do I Need For Customs Clearance Ghana?
When importing products into Ghana, you must make sure to follow the proper processes for clearing your items when they will be sent.
To speed up the clearance procedure, make sure you have the following documentation on hand before or when your imported products arrive in Ghana’s ports:
- Airway bill for air shipping or Bill of Lading
- Packaging list
- Attested commercial invoice
- Certificate of Origin
- Import Declaration Form (IDF)
- Letter of credit
- Licenses for ports and exports
- Ghana Card PIN or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) from GRA
- Depending on the nature of products, permission from one of the regulating authorities is required.
For example, the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA), Ghana Standards Authority (GSA), and so on.
Here is a video link about the documents for customs clearance Ghana:
5. Who Is In Charge Of The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
Customs clearance is a shared obligation between the supplier and the consumer.
Usually, in an international shipping situation, the exporter is in charge of clearing customs.
The importing customs procedures, on the other hand, are the responsibility of the buyer.
However, depending on the incoterms, the supplier and the consumer, liability may transfer.
A customs officer or clearing transportation agency handles customs clearance with the assistance of a transportation specialist who is in charge of exporting your goods according to your specifications.
The custom broker advises the transportation company on which papers are required to pass the consignment through customs.
You may also locate clearing and forwarding organizations to handle your shipment’s clearance and transportation.
HART WORLDWIDE also handles the customs clearance Ghana as a customs broker besides shipping goods from China to Ghana.
6. How Long Does It Take To Complete The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
Customs clearance is a time-consuming procedure with several requirements to follow.
Furthermore, each country’s customs service has its unique set of restrictions.
Moreover, the regulations are inconsistent; every country’s customs rules and procedures modify on a regular basis.
As a result, it’s difficult to estimate how long it will take to complete customs clearance Ghana procedures.
If all of the essential paperwork is properly arranged, the procedure begins whenever the goods arrive in the transit area.
Some regions offer online customs services, allowing goods to be released in as little as 24 hours.
If the duty and taxes are completed, the customs agency usually verifies the papers and clears the items.
Regulators may, however, request further paperwork and conduct an examination.
If this occurs, the cleaning process might take 1 to 2 weeks.
7. How Much Does Cost Customs Clearance Ghana For Shipping From China?
Ghana’s customs duties are determined based on the item’s volume, packaging dimensions, or value.
The customs duty fluctuates each year, and amounts vary from 0% to 5%, 10%, and 20%, with the tax usually collected by Ghana’s customs department.
Ghana’s customs utilizes the Harmonized System for classifying all imported goods.
After your cargo arrives in Ghana, the customs agency calculates the package’s code.
Ghana’s customs agency decides the customs charge based on the code.
The duty is calculated based on the package’s valuation, shipping costs, and insurance coverage.
As a result, the cost is determined in this manner,
Cargo Value + Sea Shipping + FOB = CIF (Cost Insurance Freight).
8. What Are The Reasons For The Rejections Of Shipment During Customs Clearance Ghana?
There are several top reasons the Customs department in Ghana may reject your goods.
- If the info on the commercial invoice is absent, such as:
- Name of the sender, complete address, phone number, and name of the contact person
- Full names and addresses of the consignee, as well as contact information and contact name
- Art Codes, Goods Descriptions, and Volumes
- Weights, measurements per package, and package volumes for the shipment Weights, dimensions per box, and package numbers for the cargo
- IncoTerms for Shipping
- If the HTS Code or ECCN Numbers are wrong.
- If the buyer does not want to be identified as the importer
- If there is a discrepancy between the number of physical parcels and the data on the Commercial Invoice.
- If import documentation is missing.
9. What Happens If Customs Holds My Package During Clearing Goods At Tema Port?
Whatever the cause behind the customs holds your products Tema port, following these easy steps can help you get them moving and prevent future customs difficulties:
Contact With Your Product’s Manufacturer
The first thing you need to do is contact the person who delivered your products.
The shippers will usually simply discuss the cargo with the vendor for many reasons.
Your vendor will be able to obtain further information about your shipping and any issues that happened.
Make Contact With Your Carrier
Check to see whether your package is truly held up at customs during clearing goods at Tema port.
Often, express carriers such as DHL or FedEx will be able to clear your cargo through customs.
Check To See If There Are Any Unpaid Taxes
Ghana levies taxes on deliveries’ particular value; if such payments are collected, your delivery will be held until the payment is made.
If you employ a regular international transporter or the postal service, they will pay the tax (DDU), clear your products via customs, and charge you a processing fee.
Check For Any Missing Or Inaccurate Documents
One of the most prevalent causes of shipment delays is a lack of documentation.
Simple errors, such as the vendor failing to add an invoice or CN22 customs form, might cause your shipment to be delayed significantly.
If you use a transportation agency, they will be able to help you in recovering any lost documentation.
If you seem to have a missing document, they will be able to give the best possible advice; it may only be a matter of sending them a document by email.
Ensure the requirements are fulfilled and are in the right language or letter, as this might cause major customs problems.
Wait For Your Package To Arrive
If you choose a lengthier mode of delivery, such as sea freight, customs may be a lengthy and unpleasant procedure in many locations.
Ready to just wait for your package to arrive.
Deliveries are frequently held up in customs to ensure that the goods of the package and the cost of the items were correctly disclosed.
Using a shipping network like HART can assist you to ensure that your company’s customs delays are a thing of the past during clearing goods at Tema port.
HART guarantees that all customs documentation is completed correctly and that your products arrive on schedule.
10. What Are Incoterms And Why Is It Important For Customs Clearance Ghana?
The Incoterms regulations are the most widely used terms of commerce for the sale of products across the world.
The Incoterms regulations are available to help you whether you’re completing a purchase order, packing and labeling a consignment for freight transit, or obtaining certification at a port.
Let’s look at the many forms of incoterms used in customs clearance Ghana:
- Free on Board (FOB)
- Ex Works (EXW)
- Free Carrier (FCA)
- Cost and Freight (CFR)
- Cost, Insurance, and Freight (CIF)
- Free Alongside Ship (FAS)
- Carrier and Insurance Paid to (CIP)
- Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), etc.
The following are the incoterms’ most important features:
- Both the exporter and the importer are aware of their responsibilities, liabilities, obligations, and expenses, as per the incoterms.
- The shipping and logistics are managed by both parties in accordance with the incoterms.
- Incoterms are also important in the cargo clearance and transportation procedure since they specify who is responsible for the customs and immigration bill and other expenses.
Here is a link to know more about Incoterms:
11. Do All Packages Shipped From China By Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
Yes, all packages are shipped from China through the customs clearance procedure in Ghana.
Customs inspects all incoming international mail and shipments.
During this step, a customs official in the destination country will inspect the package to ensure it complies with the country’s laws, rules, and regulations.
They’ll also figure out if any tariffs or taxes are due.
You can hire a customs broker to assist you in clearing all processes with Ghana’s customs department.
In Ghana, Hart Logistics has a specialized staff to assist you with customs clearance.
12. How To Choose A Customs Broker To Complete The Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
Customs brokers are available in most countries.
You should not, however, pick a customs broker for customs clearance Ghana in a hurry.
The following guidelines can assist you in finding a customs broker:
- Choose a broker with vast experience.
- Choose a broker that is committed to its task.
- Choose a customs broker with a good track record.
- Approval of the customs broker is required.
- Your broker should be equipped to handle your volume.
- Never select a customs broker without researching at least a few alternatives.
- Make a list of benefits and disadvantages after consulting with multiple brokers to assist you to visualize your selection.
- To guarantee efficient use of energy, effort, and cost, your broker should be familiar with your company and its shipping requirements.
- Choose a broker who utilizes a government-approved, cutting-edge customs declaration method.
13. Can I Track The Status Of The Customs Clearance Ghana?
Customs agents or shipping agents can inform you of the progress of your customs clearance.
But you cannot track it yourself without the assistance of a customs agent.
As a result, you should maintain close communication with your customs broker and freight forwarder so that they can inform you immediately if there are any difficulties or slowdowns.
You won’t have to engage two parties to follow your cargo while it waits for clearing customs if you use a shipping agent with the service of a customs broker.
Hart Logistics is a shipping agent that handles the clearance and transportation procedure as a customs broker also.
We keep our customers informed on the progress of their cargo warnings for clearing customs.
14. What Are The Items Prohibited And Restricted In Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
Ghana imports a large number of items from China every year.
However, there are some products that are prohibited and restricted to import from China through customs clearance Ghana.
Any items or materials whose transportation is prohibited by any law, regulation, or policy of any country in or over which the cargo moves are considered Prohibited Items.
The prohibited items are:
- Drugs that are not legal
- Guns, grenades are prohibited unless you have authorization.
- Swords or knives and other dangerous weapons
- Counterfeit money
- Animal corpses and infected animal
- Plants and seeds
- Mud or Soil
Restricted products are those that must meet particular requirements in order to be imported from China to Ghana.
- Import permits are required for cats, dogs, and other animals from the Veterinary Head Office in Ghana.
For the pet to be granted admission into the country, the shipper must submit a veterinarian’s good health and hepatitis vaccination certificate.
As well as a copy of the import permit.
- Legally accessing Ghana, arms and ammunition will require specific authorization from the interior ministry.
- The Ministry of Trade and Agriculture will need to approve poultry goods from specific China.
- The Ministry of Agriculture will demand a license for live plant products.
15. How Can I Pay The Customs Bill For Clearing Goods At Tema Port?
You can choose several ways for paying any customs fees and taxes required.
But there are two popular ways you can use to pay customs bills.
- While clearing your consignments, pay the customs invoice using the service.
- Payments online, card transactions like VISA debit or credit card and Master debit or credit card, digital payments, etc.
16. Can I Complete My Own Customs Clearance Procedure In Ghana?
Yes, you can complete your own customs clearance procedure in Ghana.
But the process is very lengthy and costly.
Therefore hiring a customs broker is better to get the clearance fast.
They can work for you in a variety of capacities.
- Work as a direct agent
- Work as an indirect agent.
Without clear instructions from you, they will be unable to finish the procedure on your behalf.
The instructions must specify whether they are working directly or indirectly on your behalf.
HART can complete the process as your customs broker.
So, just let us know what you want from us before shipping and during clearing customs.
Shipping service and customs clearance Ghana are the most crucial shipping methods from China to Ghana.
Both shipping and customs clearance can be handled by an experienced clearing forwarding company.
We act as a customs broker and shipper at Hart Logistics.
We guarantee safe and secure transportation of your product, as well as a smooth customs clearing process.
As a result, to ship, please contact us for a quote and pick the service you want including customs clearance Ghana.