Your one-stop shop when you are looking into international freight is HART Worldwide. You can get everything shipped from China to New Zealand; you can even ship goods from New Zealand China using our services.
HART’s experience with shipping from China to New Zealand is long and rich. Our very talented team is ever-present to find out all the information and get intel on shipping. So we can give you answers to all of your questions.
We also have a very special department for customs affairs; this is present so we can stay up-to-date about any and every new development in shipping between China and New Zealand. Your parcel is always risk-free due to our costumes compliance, as we have been in this business for a long time.
You will be happy to hear that we have signed a few agreements with some of the most well-known airlines and top shipping companies, such as ET, TK, EK, AY, CA, QR, CX CZ airlines, and Maersk, MSC, CMA-CGM APL, PIL, COSCO, Yang Ming, OOCL, Evergreen, etc. This movement, on our part, is to ensure space availability and an affordable shipping rate.
Two of the most significant advantages of using HART are standardization and systematization. We have an in-house developed logistics system this operates, tracks, and even monitors all your shipping orders online. You will enjoy our services as they are very smooth. There is no reliance on only one person in our services.
Our Services for Shipping from China to New Zealand
Whether your needs are short-term or long-term when it comes to warehouse services in China or New Zealand, our team will give you a long list of options to choose from.
Why Choose Hart to Ship From China to New Zealand,
Our sight is set on the target markets, have a greater knowledge of the markets. Our focal point is standardization and systematization, which would decrease the rates people pay for shipping without any change in our services. Our focus is a sign of our professionalism
Cheap Shipping Rate
We provide the cheapest shipping from China to New Zealand with our long-term agreements with various major airline and shipping companies. Improvements in the working process enable you to enjoy low shipping costs from China to New Zealand.
Standardized solutions for supply chain logistics, standardized cargo handling, and standardized service procedures ensure that we can very quickly reply to you and maintain a great level of consistency for the best quality service level.
A dedicated and experienced in-house team of employees for software development that helps evolve our personally catered support system to ensure 100% paperless online operation, checking, and following. Our procedures don’t rely on any single individual.
All of the nodes on the entire value chain are controlled by individuals. All of our employees have been assigned a specific checkpoint, which helps with the monitoring and tracking process in your software system. You will have control over everything.
Custom Clearance Service
In many different areas, we have our own customs clearance team and close professional association with customs agents to stay assured of the customs work. The compliance team also studies all the different customs policies every day.
Our branches or warehouses are presently in greater than 20 cities in China. Warehouses in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, UK, Germany, Poland, and African countries like Egypt, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Senegal, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, etc.
Highly Trained Team
We add a lot of significance to employee training. Therefore, we arrange frequent and systematized training for all of our employees. Performance evaluations are made and also replay to make sure they always give you the best services.
Professionalism results in greatness; we always request our staff to have complete knowledge and understanding to perform their work. We always try to provide the complete information and optimal advice needed for you to ship your goods.
Check How We Help You Ship from China to New Zealand
Qualifications and Honor for Shipping from China to New Zealand
Business Form for International Freight Forwarders
Based on what the <Foreign Trade Laws of the People’s Republic of China> and < Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on the Administration of International Cargo Transport Agency> have implemented. And also agreed upon by the Ministry of Commerce, in China, all the international freight forwarders need to have proper certification for their international freight forwarding business.
NVOCC Business Operation Qualification Registration Certificate
Many international freight forwarders that are located in China are not NVOCC as it requests registration with the Ministry of Transportation of China. It has much higher requirements compared to any normal freight forwarder located in China. NVOCC provides benefits when it comes to booking and shipping; it can also issue its bills of lading, which can help you control the goods even better.
ISO9001 2015 Quality Management System Certificate
To ensure a great experience for all our clients and to sidestep all the errors in ever misunderstanding the customers. The international quality management system is included as well. And we aim to give you consistent quality service at all levels. With this certified system, we can monitor our communications and working procedures.
Certificate of Membership for WCA
One of the most powerful and the largest network that connects all the freight forwarders is World Cargo Transportation Alliance (WCA). HART, being a member of the alliance, is covered by the most extensive and generous financial protection program in this industry. With this, we are able to conduct business with many other members in the alliance without being fearful of being at any risk.
Certificate of Membership for CIFA
China International Freight Forwarders Association, CIFA (China freight forwarding Association), is a national social association in China’s international freight forwarding industry; China’s Ministry of Commerce guides it. With a mission to strengthen the industry’s self-discipline, CIFA coordinates, manages, and creates a fair competition market environment.
Member Unit for SIFFA
Accredited by Shenzhen Civil Affairs Bureau, Shenzhen International Freight Forwarders Association (SIFFA) is also a social organization with a legal personality. SIFFA’s mission is to guide, coordinate, and protect all members from exchanging information, enhancing cooperation, coordinating relations, and members’ interest to endorse the international freight forwarding industry.
Our Network on the World
We have branches or warehouses in more than 20 Chinese cities, including Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Foshan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Yiwu, Ningbo, Wenzhou, Taizhou, Jinhua, Xiamen, Fuzhou, Putian, Tianjin, Dalian, Qingdao, Suzhou, Zhengzhou, Changsha, etc. Representatives or warehouses in UK, Germany, Poland, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and African countries like Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, Morocco, Egypt, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Senegal, Rwanda, etc.
Shipping Products From China To New Zealand | A Complete FAQ Guide
Many people living in New Zealand who often have to order things from China have questions about shipping and delivering products.
But it might be a little challenging to find all your answers in the same place.
That is why we have a compilation of all the frequently asked questions so that you can find all the answers in one place.
You might have questions regarding the exporting process, costs, and anything about freight forward. If you do then you should read on to find the answer to all of them.
Table of Content
- How Do I Get My Products Shipped To New Zealand From China?
- Does The Government Of New Zealand Allow The Shipment Of Products From China?
- What Is The Shipping Cost When Buying From China To New Zealand?
- Is UPS Express Shipping From China To New Zealand?
- How Much Is International Express Shipping To New Zealand From China, Like DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS, China Post, Or Other Express Company?
- How Long Does UPS Shipping Take From China To New Zealand?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Air Cargo To Ship From China To New Zealand?
- How Do You Calculate Freight Weight When You Ship Goods To New Zealand From China?
- What Is The Air Freight To New Zealand From China Per Kg?
- How Long Is Air Freight Shipping From China To New Zealand?
- How Much Weight Can You Send To New Zealand From China Using Air Freight?
- What Are The Prohibited Items When You are Sending goods to New Zealand from China In Air Cargo?
- How Much Is Sea Shipping From China To New Zealand?
- How Much Time Does It Usually Take Sea Freight To Ship From China To New Zealand?
- The Major Difference Between Sea Freight And Air Freight Shipment From China To New Zealand?
- Is It Cheaper To Ship By Air Or Sea From China To New Zealand?
- How Can I Reduce Shipping Costs From China To New Zealand?
- Do All Packages Shipped From China To New Zealand Go Through Customs?
- Why Do Packages From China To New Zealand Take So Long?
- How Much Does Customs Charge From China To New Zealand?
- How Much Is Customer Duty In New Zealand From China?
- How Long Does Customers Hold Packages From China To New Zealand?
- Can Senders Pay Customs Charges For Shipping From China To New Zealand?
1. How Do I Get My Products Shipped To New Zealand From China ?
At the time of getting deliveries from China, there are many different organizations that have delivery services that ship goods from China.
A number of third-party companies help send products from China to New Zealand by sea, air, and there is also an option of using a freight forwarding system.
You will need to provide a number of documents when you are exporting goods to New Zealand from China.
An export declaration paper is needed for the process.
Once that is done, you have to make a few arrangements with shipping, freight reservation, shipping monitoring, and cargo insurance.
After the freight has arrived in New Zealand, they will be double-checked in freight forwarders and customs.
Based on the kind of freight forwarding service you choose, you can also avail door to door shipping from China to New Zealand.
This service is available when getting shipments from China so that the whole process is as efficient as possible.
And this is the process you would have to undertake to get your goods to New Zealand from China.
Check this video to find out more:
2. Does The Government Of New Zealand Allow The Shipment Of Products From China?
Shipping from China to New Zealand is permitted as long as the goods being shipped are legal.
There are many different companies that give you the option of getting your products shipped from China to New Zealand.
Chinese goods can be delivered all around the world without a problem. And China the biggest exporters of a variety of different products.
New Zealand’s government allows goods to be shipped from China.
3. What Is The Shipping Cost When Buying From China To New Zealand?
There are several things that need to be calculated to figure out the cost of shipping from China to New Zealand.
You have to take the size of the cargo, rank, and weight into account.
The price freight forwarders charge includes everything from all the handling, the shipping, and the paperwork involved to get the products from China to New Zealand.
Shipping from China to New Zealand is not as inexpensive as it is to ship to countries that are located much closer, India for example is closer so the shipping charge is a little lower.
The distance from China to New Zealand is much more, so the cost is higher.
But the main difference in the price comes from the size of the shipped goods or the container it is taking space in.
If the shipment is to Willington, a 40’ container would cost around $1437. However, if you were shipping to Nelson, however, then it would be around $1898.
So when you ship your goods, you must calculate based on how much space your item is taking in the container.
4. Is UPS Express Shipping From China To New Zealand?
Yes, UPS does ship from China to New Zealand
Among the many reasons why UPS is a great option, it has the cheapest shipping from China to New Zealand.
They ship to most countries of the world and have been known for their prompt services.
UPS express also has a door-to-door delivery service; this is another reason people like to use them.
They ship to most parts of the country, so you don’t have to be worried if you do not live near the areas near the ports.
5. How Much Is International Express Shipping To New Zealand From China, Like DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS, China Post, Or Other Express Company?
The amount of money charged by different companies to ship goods to New Zealand from China is not very different from one another.
Most of these also offer very similar services at the time of international shipping.
Most companies in China prefer to use either DHL or FedEx, however, UPS Express seems to be a popular choice when shipping to New Zealand.
DHL might have the cheapest shipping from China to New Zealand.
If you want to ship something that weighs less than 10kg then you will be paying a higher amount per kg.
The charge per kg is going to be lower as your delivery package increases in weight.
This is an estimate of what you would have to pay if you were to get your goods delivered from China to New Zealand.
However, you must keep in mind that the amount these companies charge from you will depend on the type of service you choose to use.
For faster deliveries, you must pay a little more money.
Keep that in mind when you are getting goods delivered.
6. How Long Does UPS Shipping Take From China To New Zealand?
UPS provides different types of services to its users, and that is why not all the services have the same time of delivery.
You will have to look through all the different options they provide you with and then decide which is the most convenient choice for you.
If you want a faster delivery then the cost of shipping will be a little bit high compared to general delivery service .
However, if you are not in a rush to get your things delivered, then you can pay a little less money and wait for a while longer.
|UPS Express Saver||6-8 days|
|UPS Worldwide Expedited||10-12 days|
If you go to their website, they will give you the option of calculating the estimated time of delivery as well as the shipping cost from China to New Zealand.
7. What Are The Benefits Of Using Air Cargo To Ship From China To New Zealand?
Sending goods to New Zealand from China is impossible by road because of the geographical location of the two counties.
So we only have the option of air freight from China to New Zealand and sea freight from China to New Zealand.
Here I am specifically going to talk about air freight here.
Therefore, the advantages are:
- It takes less time to get the goods to New Zealand from China. It would take your goods no more than 10 days to get from China to New Zealand if you choose air freight.
- You have to pay less for insurance when shipping from China to New Zealand. This is because there is less time involved in the whole process, which makes air freight a less risky way of transporting things.
- You have more time slots for delivery from China to New Zealand when you choose air freight. Say you missed a time slot for some reason, then you can send your goods in the next shipment as quickly as the next day. Which makes the whole process a lot less pressing on time
- You can also easily track where your items are using the tracking code provided by the courier when your goods are on the way from China to New Zealand.
- You can send your cargo to almost anywhere in New Zealand you want if you decide to use air freight. There are airports everywhere, however, seaports cannot be found in every city.
- You do not have to add as much packaging when you are sending your goods by air. When sending things by ship a lot of time and money is spent on making sure things right packed right to reduce chances of damage when it’s on its way to New Zealand from China. But this is not necessary by air.
8. How Do You Calculate Freight Weight When You Ship goods to New Zealand from China?
I have already given a very brief introduction of how you would calculate your freight weight from China to New Zealand.
When paying the freight you look at how much space your items take in the container and how much they weigh.
So if the total shipping cost from China to New Zealand in a container is around $1700-$1800 and your goods take about 1/10th of the space inside it, then you would have to pay 1/10th of the cost of shipping the goods.
Let me break it down for you for better understanding:
So, let’s say you have 6 boxes for delivery for a shipment from China to New Zealand.
If each of the boxes weighs 40kg then you are shipping a total of 6×40=240kg worth of goods.
Now you have to see if the volumetric weight is high or the actual weight.
Because that is what you will be paying based on.
- Scenario 1: Volumetric Weight > Actual Weight
You have to calculate the volume of each of the boxes first, the volume of box=LxBxH.
So, if the dimensions of the boxes are 1.0×0.5×0.5 then each box is 0.25 cubic meters.
Therefore, 6x.0.25=1.5 cubic meters.
That is the total volume of the boxes you are shipping.
The weight you are supposed to take for 1 cubic meter is 167 kg
As your boxes have a volume of 1.5 cubic meters you must multiply this volume by 167 kg to find out how much the volumetric weight is.
So, for your 1.5 cubic meters, you would be able to take 250.5 kg
Here you can see that the weight of your boxes is 240 kg, therefore, you can see the volumetric weight is higher than the actual weight.
Here you will be paying for the space you are occupying in the container, meaning the chargeable weight is 250.5 kg.
- Scenario 2: Actual Weight > Volumetric Weight
Now let’s say that the volume for each of the boxes is 0.22 cubic meters.
0.22×6=1.32 cubic meters
Again we have to multiply the volume by the weight to see how much the volumetric weight is going to be.
We can clearly see that the actual weight is higher than the volumetric weight, 240>220.4.
So your shipping cost from China to New Zealand will be based on 240 kg.
You can take a look at this video for more insight:
Price Breakdown Import One Pallet of Goods from China to NZ
9. What Is The Air Freight To New Zealand From China Per Kg?
The air freight from China to different places in New Zealand may vary.
For example, from Guangzhou to Christchurch it will be around $5 -$6 per kg, whereas, to Wellington, it might be around 4-5 dollars. The shipping from China to New Zealand is the cheapest to the capital.
10. How Long Is Air Freight Shipping From China To New Zealand?
|Air Freight||3-6 days port-to-port||6-12 days door-to-door|
|Express||1-4 days door-to-door|
There might be some discrepancies, but this is the estimated time of delivery unless something goes wrong.
11. How Much Weight Can You Send To New Zealand From China Using Air Freight?
In a single-piece parcel in a shipment from China to New Zealand, the maximum weight can be 158kg or 350 lbs.
So if you want to ship more things then you would have to pack them in different parcels or boxes.
12. What Are The Prohibited Items When You are Sending goods to New Zealand from China In Air Cargo?
There is a number of items you cannot ship or take to New Zealand:
- Ivory in any form
- Shell jewelry
- Meat from sea creatures such as whales, rare cranes, dolphins, and sea turtles.
- Carvings made of whalebone.
- Cat skin
- Any type of live species
13. How Much Is Sea Shipping From China To New Zealand
The cost of shipping to New Zealand from China by sea depends on how many goods you’re sending.
Along with that, you have to take into account how much space your parcel takes in the container being shipped.
For every 1 cubic meter, you can send about 167kg.
So, you will have to do some calculations to find out what your final cost is going to be based on the weight of your delivery.
14. How Much Time Does It Usually Take Sea Freight To Ship From China To New Zealand?
|Starting Point||Destination||LCL Time||FCL Time|
|China||Auckland||22-24 days||30-37 days|
15. The Major Difference Between Sea Freight And Air Freight Shipment From China To New Zealand?
There are a number of differences between sea freight and air freight shipment from China to New Zealand.
- The shipping through air is less than half the time it takes to ship by sea
- The cost of shipping by air is higher than it is to ship by sea
- There is less danger to ship by air as there is less time in transit
16. Is It Cheaper To Ship By Air Or Sea From China To New Zealand?
Yes, it is cheaper to ship from China to New Zealand by sea than it is to ship by air.
It is the cheapest shipping from China to New Zealand.
17. How Can I Reduce Shipping Costs From China To New Zealand?
There are some ways you can reduce the amount you have to pay when shipping from China to New Zealand.
The first one would be to understand how fast you want the goods to be delivered.
Then figure out much you are sending.
If you are sending a lot of things then it will be very expensive to ship by air.
Calculate the difference between shipping by air and sea, also figure out how much you would gain by shipping by air compared to sea.
Do the math and find the best route for yourself.
18. Do All Packages Shipped From China To New Zealand Go Through Customs?
Yes, all goods sent to New Zealand go through costumes.
They have a series of procedures they go through before the goods are finally released.
All of this is to ensure none of the restricted goods are being smuggled into the country.
19. Why Do Packages From China To New Zealand Take So Long?
The time required for the packages to go from one point to another depends on the methods and types of shipping you choose.
Handling time for this is pretty long, especially for international shipping.
20. How Much Does Customs Charge From China To New Zealand?
For items costing less than $1000, you don’t have to pay for customs charge.
But otherwise, you will have to pay customs based on the value of the item being imported.
They have a website white helps you calculate how much you have to pay.
21. How Much Is Customer Duty In New Zealand From China
- Customs Value (FOB Price) = NZ $10,000 – $11,000
- Import Duty (5%) = NZ $500 – $550
- Shipping = NZ $1,000 – $1200
- Insurance = NZ $20 – $25
- GST Rate: 15%
22. How Long Does Customs Hold Packages From China To New Zealand?
There is no specific amount of time set for how long customs might hold some products.
It mainly depends on the type of goods being imported.
This only happens if the customs officers are suspicious about the goods.
23. Can Senders Pay Customs Charges For Shipping From China To New Zealand?
No, the customs charge has to be paid by the receiver and not the sender.
The sender has to provide the right information.
You could get the sender to pay the costume duty if you end up charging them for it in the invoice.
In this day and age, it is very crucial to make sure shipping time and cost are kept as efficient as possible.
International trade has opened up many windows, to use Chinese products in New Zealand is a sure sign of the development.
Hopefully, you found this helpful enough to use when shipping from China to New Zealand.