In case of shipping from China to Nigeria, you can consider HART international freight forwarder that is offering direct services without any delay.
We are experienced in processing the shipment from China to Nigeria. Our research and market departments are involved with regular monitoring of market operations.
It follows the market environment and governmental policies that impact on the shipment process.
Through developing the customs affair department in the organization, HART has assured its customers to be relaxed about the customs policies.
We are caring about all the customs duty and policies on behalf of the customers so that you do not need to worry.
As we follow the customs principles of shipping from China to Nigeria, we can ensure your risk-free shipment from China to Nigeria.
We have good communication and relations with different air freight and sea freight organizations.
It helps us to manage the consistency in delivery time along with confirming the standardization and systematization.
We are facilitating the customers through giving the ability to track the shipping process as well as ensuring quick response on any query.
If you have any kind of questions in your mind regarding the shipping cost from China to Nigeria, then feel free to knock us.
Our Services for Shipping from China to Nigeria
Why Choose Hart to Ship From China to Nigeria
HART has been focusing on the target market as well as understanding the depth of market operations. We ensure professional activities so that customers can get quality service.
Cheap Shipping Rate
Our long-term contracts with the airlines and shipping companies have let us offer quality services at cheapest shipping from China to Nigeria.
HART is offering standardized solutions for the logistics problems as well as handling cargo. We are responding as soon as possible to support the complaints of customers.
As we consist of our own software development team, it lets our client to monitor and track the whole processing system for door to door shipping from China to Nigeria.
In every section of the shipment from China to Nigeria, we have assigned our responsible employees which would monitor the value chain process.
Custom Clearance Service
Our customs affair section is working hard for facilitating our customers to get hassle free customs clearance. We are generating documents for you as well as following customs policies.
We are containing more than 20 warehouses around different cities of China along with warehouses in countries like Bangladesh, UK, Germany, Nigeria, Uganda and Ethiopia.
Highly Trained Team
HART gives quality training facilities to its employees so that they can perform as per global standards as well as assuring higher number of customer satisfaction.
Without professional behavior, no company can sustain for long. For that reason, HART is strict about developing professionalism within the workplace.
Check How We Help You Ship from China to Nigeria
Qualifications and Honor for Shipping from China to Nigeria
Our Network on the World
We have branches or warehouses in more than 20 Chinese cities, including Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Foshan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Yiwu, Ningbo, Wenzhou, Taizhou, Jinhua, Xiamen, Fuzhou, Putian, Tianjin, Dalian, Qingdao, Suzhou, Zhengzhou, Changsha, etc. Representatives or warehouses in UK, Germany, Poland, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and African countries like Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, Morocco, Egypt, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Senegal, Rwanda, etc.
Shipping From China to Nigeria | The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Both China and Nigeria have been growing bilateral trade and strategic relationships between each other.
China has been prioritizing Nigeria as one of the closest partners regarding the business operations.
China takes huge participation on developing security business in Nigeria along with ensuring stability
Businesses and people in Nigeria are importing products and services machinery, nuclear reactors, iron, plastics, rubbers, organic chemicals and other electronic equipment.
Table of Contents
- How Do I Get My Products Shipped From China To Nigeria?
- Is Shipping From China To Nigeria Allowed?
- What Is The Shipping Cost From China To Nigeria?
- Is DHL Express Shipping From China To Nigeria?
- How Much Is DHL International Express Shipping From China To Nigeria?
- How Long Does DHL Shipping Take From China To Nigeria?
- What Are The Advantages Of Air Cargo From China To Nigeria?
- How Do You Calculate Freight Weight For Shipping From China To Nigeria?
- How Much Is Air Freight From China To Nigeria?
- How Long Does Air Freight Take To Ship From China To Nigeria?
- What Is The Maximum Weight For Air Freight Shipping From China To Nigeria?
- How Much Does A 40 Feet Container Cost, If Shipping From China To Nigeria?
- How Long Does It Take For A Cargo Ship From China To Nigeria By Sea?
- What Is The Difference Between Sea Freight And Air Freight Ship From China To Nigeria?
- What Is The Cheapest Way To Ship From China To Nigeria?
- How Do I Avoid High Shipping Costs On Alibaba When Ship From China To Nigeria?
- What Is The Customs Clearance Process For Shipping From China To Nigeria?
- Why Do Packages From China To Nigeria Take So Long?
- Do I Have To Pay Customs Charges For Packages From China To Nigeria?
- How Much Is Customs Duty In Nigeria Shipped From China?
- What Happens If Customs Hold My Package When I Ship Goods From China To Nigeria?
- What Happens If You Lie To Customs While Shipping From China To Nigeria?
1. How Do I Get My Products Shipped From China To Nigeria?
In case of getting shipment from China to Nigeria, there are two kinds of transportation methods that clients can consider.
Based on the quantity and quality of products, clients are suggested to choose their suitable methods.
It comprises two kinds of shipment methods like sea freight and air freight to determine the cheapest shipping from China to Nigeria.
When the company is applying the sea freight method, then they are required to load the goods into the shipping container.
In case of air freight, they prioritize on accepting orders for the shipment by realizing actual capacity of the air cargo.
When the clients are conscious about the time frame such as delivering products within 2 days, then air freight would be the best choice.
2. Is Shipping From China To Nigeria Allowed?
Clients from Nigeria are allowed to purchase products and services from China and they will get quality shipment facilities.
It has identified that China has been giving priority and encouraging the businesses in China to collaborate with Nigeria.
The authority of China is trying to support Nigeria through developing their business infrastructure.
Even, they are offering various tariff-free trade operations in terms of facilitating relationships between the countries.
While importing below products, clients in Nigeria will be prohibited from completing transactions: Pharmaceutical wastage, drugs, alcoholic, pork, used motors that exceed 15 years from manufacture.
3. What Is The Shipping Cost From China To Nigeria?
According to the size of container, the clients are getting ideas from the freight forwarder regarding the shipping cost from China to Nigeria.
While shipping products and services from China to Nigeria, there has identified a variety of charges from $2000 to $4000 as considering 20ft to 40ft containers.
It also changes along with the differences of port of destination and port of loading to determine the cheapest shipping from China to Nigeria..
If the distance is covered from Shanghai to Lagos Nigeria with a 20ft container, then it could charge a shipping price of $2990.
On the other hand, air freight has been costing around $5.2 per kg including the payment related to customs duty.
4. Is DHL Express Shipping From China To Nigeria?
DHL is communicating with different logistic brands in terms of shipping from China to Nigeria which remains facilitating for the clients.
It indicates the fastest services for the shipment from China to Nigeria regarding the movement of products and services.
DHL is offering a variety of shipment methods so that customers can customize their required services for transferring items and get cheapest shipping from China to Nigeria.
They are charging different pay rates based on the size and quantity of the items along with specifying the delivery period.
Through collaborating with air freight agencies and sea freight forwarders, they can support the clients to solve their shipment related problems.
Because of Covid-19, DHL has made changes into their regular monitoring policies and guidelines for the shipment from China to Nigeria.
They have focused on encouraging customers to use online websites and digital platforms for processing the shipment.
5. How Much Is DHL International Express Shipping From China To Nigeria?
You can send around 25,400 kg in a 20 feet container through considering the DHL international express and also indicating cheapest shipping from China to Nigeria.
Here, if the clients are importing within 1 to 999Kg then it would charge around $2.5 per kg.
On the other hand, due to the increase in the size of cargo amounts such as 1000+ kg in exchange of $8 per kg.
They have arranged the transport packages in the DHL express shipping from China to Nigeria by covering through carton, pallet and drums.
If the customers are not satisfied with the services of DHL, then $20 to $100 can be refunded to the customers.
6. How Long Does DHL Shipping Take From China To Nigeria?
Delivery time of DHL related to shipping from China to Nigeria has been considered by measuring the starting and ending point of the delivery.
It takes around 3 to 5 days in terms of shipping products and services from China to Nigeria by air cargo.
On the other hand, Sea freight takes longer than air freight for the shipment from China to Nigeria due to its large size and slow transportation such as 35 to 40 days.
While applying international shipping methods through DHL, it allows several offers for the clients such as:
DHL international standard: It takes around 1 to 3 weeks standard
DHL international Expedited: As per this offer, it would consider 4 to 12 business days.
7. What Are The Advantages Of Air Cargo From China To Nigeria?
- If the clients are thinking about the process to ship from China to Nigeria with a large volume of products, then air cargo would not be a good
- In case of saving time and maintaining the quality of the items, it requires to use the air cargo so that there does not occur any kind of wastage.
- While sending vaccines for the Covid-19, countries are using air freight because it requires less time and balancing the quality of vaccines without causing any huge damages.
- If the clients are not focusing on the delivery time issues and thinking about the costs of shipment from China to Nigeria, then they should move to sea freight.
- When the clients are sending perishable goods from China to Nigeria, then it would be facilitating to consider the air freight over the sea freight.
- With the purpose of protecting actual value of the perishable items, they are signifying the air cargo process for a shorter transit period.
- High valuable products like gold, diamonds, machineries and equipment to manufacture products are transferred through air freight.
- It lowers the risk of occurring any damages or being late to the final destination which could lead to face business loss.
- In case of transferring 200 kg gold from China to Nigeria, the clients should not think about taking risks related to late shipment as it could impact on the price changes of gold.
- There are different corners of Nigeria whereas the freight forwarder cannot reach through sea freight but it would be helpful due to the air freight.
- It also lowers the dependency of the organization upon the warehouse system and reduces the charges of inventories because of air freight.
8. How Do You Calculate Air Freight Weight For Shipping From China To Nigeria?
When you are sending any products by considering air freight, then the company has to cover actual weight or volumetric weight.
The larger part among these weights is used for charging by the freight forwarders during the shipment from China to Nigeria.
In case of calculating volumetric weight, it multiplies between L*W*H.
If the products are measured by kgs and inches, the company requires to divide the result by 366.
For example, HART logistic has sent 10 cartons for shipping from China to Nigeria Nairaland 2020 and every carton has contained around 20 kgs.
In that case, actual gross weight of the products would be 10cartons * 20kgs =200kgs.
On the contrary, the volumetric weight of the 10 cartons with 20 kgs each would be like:
Volumetric weight: (20*16*16) *10/366 = 139. 89 or 140 kgs.
You can see that among these actual weights of 200kgs and volumetric weight of 140kgs, actual weight is higher than volumetric weight.
The airline organization would think about considering 200 kgs in terms of shipping products from China to Nigeria.
It is applied by the freight forwarder because some products with small weights have been taking large space on the air cargo.
As the company focuses on reducing the risk of loss and failure during the shipment, they prefer charging based on the larger portion of actual weight and volumetric weight.
9. How Much Is Air Freight From China To Nigeria?
Before setting the air freight from China to Nigeria, there needs to identify the port of loading, destination port, delivery time period and range of amount at specific weight.
When HART worldwide has been loading goods from Guangzhou airport of China to send to Abuja airport of Nigeria, the company is considering $4.78 per kg in terms of shipping for 500 kgs.
On the other hand, if the company is sending from Hong Kong to Abuja, it charges higher than Guangzhou airport such as $7.80 per kg for 500kgs.
During the shipment through air freight from Guangzhou to Port Harcourt, it is charging $5.3 per kg for 500 kgs.
10. How Long Does Air Freight Take To Ship From China To Nigeria?
When the freight forwarder is using the air cargo, then it facilitates to continue the shipment process faster than sea freight.
It takes around 7 to 8 days while shipping products and services from Guangzhou airport of China to Abuja airport of Nigeria.
But it takes less time in terms of sending products from Hong Kong airport to the Abuja airport in Nigeria.
When the final destination has chosen to Lagos, Nigeria, then it requires around 4 to 5 business days from Guangzhou.
On the other hand, it considers around 6 to 7 business days in terms of shipping products and services from Shenzhen airport to Lagos.
The fastest service through air freight has been offered from the departure of Hong Kong to the final destination of Lagos within 2 to 3 days.
When the company is leaving from the Hong Kong airport to Port Harcourt, then it takes twice as long as Lagos airport, such as 4 to 6 business days.
11. What Is The Maximum Weight For Air Freight Shipping From China To Nigeria?
There are limitations of weight in terms of air freight which is much lower than sea freight for the clients. But it offers faster services than sea freight as usual.
When the shipments are built into the containers then it can accept around 6030lbs such as 2735 kgs within air freight.
On the other hand, the airline company is allowing single piece weight of maximum 350lbs like 158 kgs.
It can vary due to the size of air cargo and availability of spaces for the shipment from China to Nigeria.
12. How Much Does A 40 Feet Container Cost, If Shipping From China To Nigeria?
When the freight forwarder is covering 40ft containers for the shipping cost from China to Nigeria, then it varies into charges due to port of loading and port of discharge.
If the clients are sending products from Shanghai port to Lagos, Nigeria, then it would consider around $3500 for a 40ft container that is the cheapest shipping from China to Nigeria.
On the contrary, it would charge around $3650 during the shipment from Shenzhen to Lagos, Nigeria.
It takes a higher amount than Shenzhen and Shanghai port, if the company is choosing the port of loading such as Ningbo-Zhoushan to Lagos which would be $3990 for a 40ft container.
The highest charge for shipping cost from China to Nigeria through sea freight takes $4100 while loading products from Tianjin to Lagos.
You can check below link:
13. How Long Does It Take For A Cargo Ship From China To Nigeria By Sea?
If the port of origin remains such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Ningbo to Lagos, Nigeria, then it would take around 30 days of transit time by using the CMA CGM steamship line.
On the contrary, Tianjin, Xiamen and Dalian port of China considers MSC steamship line for covering the shipment process within 35 days.
If the freight forwarder is sending products from Shanghai, Qingdao and Ningbo port to Port Harcourt, Nigeria by MAERSK CONTAINER line within 37 days.
Through the COSCO line, it could take around 38 days from Shenzhen, Hong Kong to Lagos, Nigeria.
You can find out that the shortest transit time for the shipment from China to Nigeria would be 30 days while following CMA CGM container service.
14. What Is The Difference Between Sea Freight And Air Freight Ship From China To Nigeria?
- It has identified that sea freight is considered as the cheapest shipping from China to Nigeria in comparison to air freight.
- When an air freight is capable of containing a maximum 5000kgs but sea freight can cover up to 20000 kgs.
- If the clients are required to send products and services in faster format, then air freight would be the best choice.
- It requires much time to load the container into the sea freight but air freight does not require high time due to its size.
- Due to engine capacity and loading capability, sea freight from China to Nigeria is taking longer than air freight.
- Air freight is offering secured transportation facilities against sea freight but sea freight saves cost for the large shipment.
15. What Is The Cheapest Way To Ship From China To Nigeria?
China is considered a large-scale manufacturer in the world whereas some businesses need to conduct regular delivery of the products and services.
It would not be sufficient enough to bear high cost because of air freight and express shipment from China to Nigeria.
It is mandatory to follow the sea freight policies and guidelines, if the main priority of the business is to save money.
In that case, they could think about loading products from the Hong Kong port as it takes less charge but high time than other methods to ship products into Nigeria within 45 days.
You can check below link:
16. How Do I Avoid High Shipping Costs On Alibaba When Ship From China To Nigeria?
In case of avoiding high shipping costs, you must choose the sea freight option for the delivery from China to Nigeria.
It might take longer time than usual air freight or express method but it facilitates to charge lower than others.
You must forecast about the needs of products so that you can make pre-orders to avoid long-time transit issues.
Alibaba is following all the FOB shipping terms that clarifies their presence with no hidden costs and it can be the cheapest option for you to ship from China to Nigeria.
17. What Is The Customs Clearance Process For Shipping From China To Nigeria?
Customs clearance process has included the preparation and representation of the documents which gives proof about the imported goods and services.
The responsible party in Nigeria is going to assess the documents and inspect the validity of the goods before giving customs clearance certificate.
The traders have to show the bill of lading, commercial invoice, packing list, declaration for single goods and product certificate.
It also impacts on the door to door shipping from China to Nigeria because of the customs clearance process.
You are also required to present the combined certificate value and origin along with reviewing the payment process by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
They can consider Nigeria’s single window portal in terms of submitting documents electronically, accessing customs regulations online and tracking status of the customs clearance.
18. Why Do Packages From China To Nigeria Take So Long?
If the freight forwarder is choosing the sea freight in terms of shipping products from China to Nigeria, then it takes a long time such as 30-40 days than air freight.
Due to fulfilling the container through loading products, there might occur delays for the shipment.
It takes around 48-72 hours in Nigeria for assuring the customs clearance certificate.
If the company is taking the responsibility for the door-to-door services, then it collaborates with the local transportation system for the delivery.
19. Do I Have To Pay Customs Charges For Packages From China To Nigeria?
The duty of the customs department in Nigeria is to check the validity of the transactions and products.
It is conducted for the betterment of relationships among countries and assuring the protection of local residents.
Everyone has to pay customs duty if they want to get the ordered products from the government authority.
It has been the responsibility of the local residents to get the desired facility of consuming foreign products and services by paying customs duty.
20. How Much Is Customs Duty In Nigeria Shipped From China?
According to the law of Nigeria, there should be charged around 7.5% import tax on the value of taxable goods and services.
It might also consider the import duty as 7.5% * (CIF + ID + Surcharge + CISS + ETLS)
If the clients have been importing any products over $10, then they would charge at least $0.75 in terms of getting the products after paying customs duty in Nigeria.
21. What Happens If Customs Hold My Package When I Ship Goods From China To Nigeria?
If the customs department of Nigeria has held any package, then there might be an inspection about the permissible access of products.
It examines each and every document related to the transaction and shipment from China to Nigeria.
Importer has to communicate with the exporters for sharing the certificate of product origin, transportation, validity so that he can submit for the clearance.
If the clients have ordered any restricted products such as fruit juice in retail packs, cocoa butter, refined vegetable oils from China, then these products would not get access to Nigeria.
22. What Happens If You Lie To Customs While Shipping From China To Nigeria?
If anyone has been lying to the customs during the shipment from China to Nigeria, then the importer would be charged twice the value of the imported goods and services.
The customs department has the right to seize the imported goods and services due to the misinformation of the importer.
If the importer has tried to import illegal products and services, then they will be punished as per the resident punishment act of Nigeria due to illegal involvement.
Over the last few years, China has been concerned about the development assistance to the African countries like Nigeria.
It has identified a good transportation system in terms of shipping products and services from China to Nigeria.
It examines different freight methods that would support clients in getting quality services at the cheapest cost.
It finds out the customs process for the clients in terms of moving their items from China to Nigeria.