HART Worldwide Logistics is your one-stop logistic solution for shipping from China to Vietnam. And to ship from Vietnam to China. We offer lower shipping costs from China to Vietnam.
We have rich experience of shipment from China to Vietnam. Our dedicated market team is always analyzing the market condition so that we can provide accurate market insight to you. We have a customs affairs department that always follows up the customs rules and regulations of China and Vietnam so that your customs clearance procedure would be hassle-free.
We have contracts with the world’s major shipping lines both air and ocean. We have signed a contract with airlines such as Cz, Ca, CX, ET, TK, AY, QR, EK, and others. We also have a contract with Maersk, EVERGREEN, APL, PIL, CMA, COSCO, CGM, etc., like ocean shipping lines.
Our in-house software facilitates the 100% self-controlled transaction without relying on any individual. No matter what are you looking for your logistic and freight forwarding solutions. We are here to help you with the best quality.
Our Services for Shipping from China to Vietnam
Air freight from China to Vietnam is our fastest shipping method. We provide home delivery of your goods along with customs clearance.
We are quite friendly to provide sea freight from China to Vietnam along with LCL, and FCL container modes. You can send any amount of goods through our ocean freight.
FCL shipping service is given to our customers for a better shipping experience. We also take care of the shipping works which clear out a lot of your customs hassle.
Our sea freight services depend on how you want to ship your goods. We provide LCL shipping for your packages so that you do not have to pay any extra shipping charges.
Door to Door Shipping
We facilitate door to door shipping from China to Vietnam for your importations in Vietnam. Your goods will be pickup from China and will be delivered to your place.
Express shipping from China to Vietnam is one of our premium features. You will get your products imported within the shortest time possible.
Our dedicated customs clearance team is expert enough and has close contact with the local customs broker so that your customs formalities would be risk-free.
Whether you need warehouse support in China or Vietnam, small or big storage, we can provide you the warehousing solutions with ease of access.
Pickup & Delivery
Do you need to pick up and deliver? No worries, we will pick your goods from the Chinese address and will deliver them to your doorstep.
Why Choose Hart to Ship From China to Vietnam
Focusing on the target market and deep understanding helps us to provide the best quality services at a competitive rate from China to Vietnam.
Cheap Shipping Rate
You will find many cheap rates from other freight forwarders. But we offer the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam for your shipment.
Standard work procedures, standard management make us the quickest responder to our clients. You will get a rate quote within the shortest time than any other forwarders.
Our in-house online software is able to give you the automated online transactions advantages without relying on any individual.
All supply chain management and orders are self-controlled. There is an individual to monitor the workflow through our in-house software. Everything is under your control.
Custom Clearance Service
You can ship from China to Vietnam through us with peace of mind because you will get hassle-free customs clearance procedures in Vietnam from our expert customs team.
We cover almost every corner of the world with our warehousing facilities. There are plenty of ware houses in China in more than 20 cities also.
Highly Trained Team
Our highly trained team can handle any situations raised from the beginning to the end of the shipping of your goods from China to Vietnam.
Professionalism makes perfection in the business. Our truly professional freight forwarding team handles the procedures with the utmost professionalism.
Check How We Help You Ship from China to Vietnam
Qualifications and Honor for Shipping from China to Vietnam
Business Form for International Freight Forwarders
All international freight forwarding companies in China need certification of Business Form for International Freight Forwarders. According to requisitions of Foreign Trade Laws of the People’s Republic of China and Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on the Administration of International Cargo Transport Agency, the Ministry of Commerce issues and approves the certificate.
NVOCC Business Operation Qualification Registration Certificate
We are NVOCC in China. Most of the freight forwarders in China are not NVOCC because it needs to be registered with the Ministry of Transportation of China, which needs much higher requirements. We can issue our own Bill of Lading, and get many advantages in booking the shipping lines.
ISO9001 2015 Quality Management System Certificate
In order to ensure the excellent and best solutions to the clients, and avoid any misunderstanding, we have come under the regulation of ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certification. The committee regulates our work procedure and communication with our customers so that the best quality services are brought in.
Certificate of Membership for WCA
We are a member of the most powerful and the largest organization for the independent international freight forwarder’s associations, named the World Cargo Transportation Alliance. It empowers extensive financial security for its members. It also allows doing business among its members with full proof of security.
Certificate of Membership for CIFA
We are a member of the China International Freight Forwarders Association-CIFa, which is a national and social organization for Chinese international freight forwarders. The goal for the association is to keep the market healthy, self-discipline, and coordination amongst the Chinese international freight forwarders.
Member Unit for SIFFA
We are also a member of the Shenzhen International Freight Forwarder Association-SIFFA, which is another regional social freight forwarding organization. It helps to build relationships, exchange information, strengthen cooperation, and promote international freight forwarding among the regional freight forwarders.
Our Network on the World
We have branches or warehouses in more than 20 Chinese cities, including Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Foshan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Yiwu, Ningbo, Wenzhou, Taizhou, Jinhua, Xiamen, Fuzhou, Putian, Tianjin, Dalian, Qingdao, Suzhou, Zhengzhou, Changsha, etc. Representatives or warehouses in UK, Germany, Poland, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and African countries like Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, Morocco, Egypt, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Senegal, Rwanda, etc.
Shipping From China To Vietnam| A Complete FAQ Guide
Vietnam has a large market of imports and exports.
Also, Vietnam is one of the economically developed countries in the world.
Vietnam has a GDP per capita of more than $2.7k and a GDP of more than $261.9 billion by the year 2019.
To know more about Vietnam’s economy, you could go through the link.
It is expected that Vietnam has a healthy market to do business in.
This FAQ guide will take you on the right path where you will be able to know all details about import-export in Vietnam from China.
Table Of Content
- How Can I Import Goods From China To Vietnam?
- Does Vietnam Allow Goods To Ship From China To Vietnam?
- What Is The Shipping Cost When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- Does UPS Express Ship From China To Vietnam?
- How Much Is International Express Shipping From China To Vietnam, Like DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS, China Post, Or Other Express Company?
- How Long Does Express Services Take To Ship From China To Vietnam?
- Why Should You Choose Air Freight Over Sea Freight When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- How To Calculate Chargeable Weight Of Air Freight When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- How Much Air Freight Costs When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- How Long Does Air Freight Take To Ship From China To Vietnam?
- What Is The Maximum Height For Air Freight Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- How Much Does Sea Freight Cost From China To Vietnam?
- How Long Does Sea Freight Take To Ship Goods From China To Vietnam?
- What Are The Major Differences Between Sea Freight And Air Freight Ship From China To Vietnam?
- What Is The Cheapest Way To Freight From China To Vietnam?
- What Are The Prohibited Items To Ship From China To Vietnam?
- How Do I Avoid High Shipping Costs On Alibaba When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- What Is The Customs Clearance Process For Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- Do I Have To Pay Customs Charge For Goods From China To Vietnam?
- How Much Do Customs Charge From China To Vietnam?
- Who Pays The Import Duty When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
- How Long Does Vietnam Customs Take To Release Goods Shipped From China To Vietnam?
- What Happens If You Don’t Pay Customs Charges For Shipping Goods From China To Vietnam?
1. How Can I Import Goods From China to Vietnam?
There are many ways to purchase products in China.
- Researching online and order online
- Taking help from local sourcing agents who will help you to purchase goods from Chinese suppliers or manufacturers
- Or you can go to China by yourself, visit the factories of goods you need, negotiate with the manufacturers and purchase goods from them.
After successfully purchasing goods in China, you can ship your goods from China to Vietnam in 2 ways.
1. Sea Freight (LCL, FCL):
- LCL- Less than Container Load is a convenient way for shipping from China to Vietnam for small importers. It allows you to ship in a container with how much space you need. It also facilitates payment. You will need to pay the shipping cost as much as you freight your goods.
- FCL- Full Container Load is convenient for a large shipment from China to Vietnam. It will let you hire the whole container for your goods. You will pay the total shipping cost and ship your goods from China to Vietnam without sharing them with anyone
2. Air Freight:
Airfreight facilitates shipment from China to Vietnam by air.
You can air freight from China to Vietnam with your goods very fast.
HART Worldwide Logistics provides all types of shipping from China to Vietnam.
It also offers the cheapest shipping along with door-to-door shipping from China to Vietnam.
Let’s check how to import from China here
2. Does Vietnam Allow Goods To Ship From China To Vietnam?
Vietnam has a very large economy.
It has business relationships with hundreds of countries all over the world.
Vietnam has the biggest importation with China.
Vietnam imports over $58,000 million products from China every year, which is 27% of the total importation of Vietnam.
So, as expected, of course, Vietnam allows goods to ship from China to Vietnam.
To know more about Vietnam’s trade you can see this reference.
3. What Is The Shipping Cost When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
Shipping cost is a fact that is never settled.
It changes from time to time with various facts like quantity of goods, rate of shipping from China to Vietnam, the season, distance among the ports, types of goods, etc.
Concluding with every section of the shipping cost for sea freight from China to Vietnam, it might be $550-$750 for a 20ft container and $850-$1200 for a 40ft container.
On the contrary, the cost might be on average $2-$10 per kg while doing air freight from China to Vietnam.
4. Does UPS Express Ship From China To Vietnam?
As Vietnam has a large economy, there is also a big import-export industry here.
So, there is a need for international express services too for importing-exporting.
UPS express and other express shipping services like FedEx, USPS, TNT, Made in China, etc provides door-to-door services from China to Vietnam.
HART worldwide Logistics also provides door-to-door services in Vietnam with a reliable shipping rate.
Let’s check out the express shipping from China:
5. How Much Is International Express Shipping From China To Vietnam, Like DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS, China Post, Or Other Express Company?
Okay, this section might be complicated.
Because, express services like UPS, DHL, FedEx, China Post, etc., provide various types of delivery services.
The rate varies continuously, because of the size of the packages, type of goods, weight, freight mode, and time, etc.
So, we can’t tell you the exact rate of express services for the shipment from China to Vietnam.
We can tell you an approximate rate of express shipping from China to Vietnam that might be $3 to $10 or more based on the facts mentioned above.
But, HART Worldwide Logistics provides door-to-door service to ship from China to Vietnam at a lower rate than the express services, even through them.
HART can manage the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam because it ships from China to Vietnam a lot of bulk shipments.
6. How Long Does Express Services Take To Ship From China To Vietnam?
Usually, air freight is the fastest shipping mode from China to Vietnam.
And also express services by air are fast as well as.
It takes 2-4 days for express services to deliver your goods from China to Vietnam.
7. Why Should You Choose Air Freight Over Sea Freight When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
There are many reasons why you should choose air freight from China to Vietnam when shipping from China to Vietnam.
Let’s check them.
- The Fastest Shipping Mode: Air freight is the fastest shipping way from China to Vietnam than any other mode. If you are in a hurry to get your goods imported, air freight mode should be your first choice of shipping.
- Best for Light Shipment: Air freight from China to Vietnam would be the best choice if the shipping cost of air freight from China to Vietnam will be 15-20% of the total value of goods. If you are shipping a light package of goods, air freight would be the best.
- On-Time Departure and Landing: Airfreight maintains a schedule strictly to take-off and landing. So there is no delay in time to get your goods imported.
- Safe, Secure, and Reliable: Air freight is safe, secure, and more reliable. Safety and security are maintained strongly by the air authority.
- Less Customs Processing Time: Air customs processing time is lesser than any other shipping mode. So, you will get your products fast from air customs.
- Reaching Anywhere in the Country: You can send your goods anywhere in Vietnam easily by air, than any other method.
8. How To Calculate Chargeable Weight Of Air Freight When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
While you use air freight from China to Vietnam, the air authority charges for the shipping cost from China to Vietnam by 2 two methods.
One is gross weight, another is volumetric weight.
The authority will calculate these two types of weight for your goods.
Which one will be greater than another one, the air freight authority will charge the shipping cost from China to Vietnam based on the bigger one.
Let, you prepare your goods for the shipment from China to Vietnam, which is 100 kg.
The weight of the box is 20 kg.
So, the gross weight is = 100+20 =120kg.
The size of the box of your package is:
length= 1.25 meter, height =1 meter, width=0.9 meter.
Now, the volume of your box will be= length X height X width= 1.25 X 1 X 0.9= 1.125 cubic meter (CBM).
The air factor number to convert the volume into volumetric weight is = 167
So, the volumetric weight will be= 167 X 1.125= 187.9 kg.
Now, you can see the difference between the 2 weights.
Here the volumetric weight is bigger than the gross weight.
Now, the air freight authority will count the volumetric weight as chargeable weight, which you will have to pay for the shipment from China to Vietnam.
9. How Much Air Freight Costs When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
As air freight is a little expensive, air freight cost is more than sea freight.
The rate depends on various factors like weight, box size, type of goods, distance, service type whether express shipping from China to Vietnam or standard delivery, etc.
The air freight might cost for shipping from China to Vietnam from $3 to $10 per kg based on the facts mentioned above.
HART Worldwide Logistics always offers the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam by air.
10. How Long Does Air Freight Take To Ship From China To Vietnam?
As air freight is the fastest way for the shipment from China to Vietnam, the time will not be as long as sea freight.
Now, let’s see some time limits for air freight from China to Vietnam in the table below.
|Origin of Air Freight||Destination of the Freight||Time to Reach(Days)|
|Shanghai, China||Hanoi, Vietnam||5|
|Guangzhou, China||Ho Chi Minh/ Hanoi, Vietnam||7|
|Shenzhen||Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam||8|
|Shanghai||Ho Chi Minh||4|
11. What Is The Maximum Height For Air Freight Shipping From China To Vietnam?
There are two types of airplanes.
- Cargo Plane
- Passenger Plane.
The pallet size of a cargo plane and a passenger plane is different.
Knowing pallet size will help you to determine which type of airplane you need to ship from China to Vietnam.
The table below shows the different pallet sizes of different planes.
|Air Plane||Maximum Height of the Pallet|
|Typical Passenger Plane||61 inches|
|33X Freighter||94.5 inches|
96 X 125 inches is the standard size of the pallet for most of the cargo plane.
12. How Much Does Sea Freight Cost From China To Vietnam?
Sea freight powers the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam.
Though the cost is the cheapest, it varies based on different factors like container size, weight, port to port distance, door-to-door shipping from China to Vietnam, or not.
Let’s see some shipping cost for 20ft and 40ft containers of the ship.
|From||To||Cost for 20’ Container||Cost for 40’ Container|
|Shanghai port||Ho Chi Minh||$500-600||$950-1020|
|Guangzhou port||Ho Chi Minh||$550-650||$1020-1040|
|Shenzhen||Ho Chi Minh||$600-700||$1100-1100|
HART Worldwide Logistics powers the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam for their importers by sea through many renowned shipping lines.
13. How Long Does Sea Freight Take To Ship Goods From China To Vietnam?
The shipping time to ship from China to Vietnam varies based on different factors like the customs clearance process, loading time, weather condition, the technical condition of the shipping line, the distance among the ports, etc.
Let’s check some time limits of sea freight from China to Vietnam in the tale below.
|Port of Origin||Port of Destination||Shipping Time (days)|
|Shanghai||Ho Chi Minh||8-14|
|Guangzhou||Ho Chi Minh||8/14|
|Shenzhen||Ho Chi Minh||20 /30|
|Huangpu||Ho Chi Minh||15/30|
|Dalian||Ho Chi Minh||30/35|
|Zhongshan||Ho Chi Minh||25/30|
14. What Are The Major Differences Between Sea Freight And Air Freight Ship From China To Vietnam?
You will see the significant differences between air freight and sea freight while you are shipping goods from China to Vietnam.
Let’s see some of them.
Airfreight is the fastest shipping method with high shipping costs.
It is safe and secure, most reliable, and maintains a schedule of taking-off and landing.
To ship lightweight and daily needed goods like medicine, documents, etc., air freight is the best choice, because air freight takes a few hours to reach the destined ports.
You might be in a hurry and need to import goods within a short time.
Airfreight will help you in this case as this is the fastest shipping method.
Sea freight is slower, but the cheapest shipping method.
There is no weight limit, you can ship as many goods as you want.
You can ship goods in bulk with 20ft and 40ft containers.
For your various needs, you can decide which shipping method you will choose to ship from China to Vietnam.
15. What Is The Cheapest Way To Freight From China To Vietnam?
As we discussed before sea freight and air freight, we can say sea freight is the cheapest way to freight from China to Vietnam.
For your highest convenience, HART Worldwide Logistics is always here to provide you the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam by both sea freight and air freight.
16. What Are The Prohibited Items To Ship From China To Vietnam?
There are certain prohibited items to import in Vietnam for the sake of the safety and security of the country.
Also, some items are prohibited for the sake of the health consciousness of the people of Vietnam.
Here is a list of items, which are prohibited to import in Vietnam.
- Compact discs
- Cologne and Perfume
- Animal products
- Animal skins
- Bearer Documents
- Airline tickets, blank stock (NI)
- Cotton seeds
- Computer components & parts
- Credit Cards
- Alcoholic beverages
- Batteries, Haz
- Bearer Documents
- Eggs of Animals
- Bio Products, Haz
- Medical and dental supplies & equipment
- Plant products
- Dangerous Goods as defined by IATA (Intl. Air Transport Association)
- Graphite Products
- Paints, Haz
- Perfume, Haz
- Personal effects
- Ice, Blue
- Ice, Dry
- Ice, Wet
- Radar equipment
- Radio equipment
- Satellite Parts
- Phones and modems
- Infectious Substances
- Liquor, Haz
- Magnetized Materials
- Playing Cards
- Telecommunications equipment
- Tobacco and Tobacco Leaves
- Cigarette Products to Private Individuals
- Toiletries, Haz
- Used Consumer Goods
Used Information & Technology items are restricted and need special approval for importing in Vietnam.
17. How Do I Avoid High Shipping Costs On Alibaba When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
Shipping cost is a vital point of importing and doing business.
It plays a vital role in getting profits.
So. If you can keep your shipping cost low, it will be more profitable for your business.
Let’s check some points on how to avoid high shipping costs when shipping from Alibaba from China to Vietnam.
- Keep Packaging Small: Do you notice that after completing the packaging, there is some space on your package? Optimize the package size, because Alibaba charges on weight or the volume of your packages.
- Consolidating Shipping: Ask for consolidating shipping from your freight forwarder. In this case, the freight forwarder will send your goods to Vietnam with other goods of your own or different importers. It will help you to keep your shipping cost low.
- Use Poly Mailer: If you are not importing fragile items, use a poly mailer for packaging your goods. It will keep your package size small.
- Find the Cost Optimized Route: There might be more than one route to ship from China to Vietnam. Find the most economical route to avoid high shipping costs and save your time.
- Find The Most Reliable Freight Forwarder: Finding a reliable freight forwarder is one of the crucial factors to avoid high shipping costs which can provide you the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam. HART Worldwide Logistics offers the cheapest shipping from China to Vietnam as always for you.
18. What Is The Customs Clearance Process For Shipping From China To Vietnam?
Customs clearance means submitting the required documents to the country’s customs to facilitate the import or export of the goods in the respective country’s customs.
To import goods from China to Vietnam, you have to fulfill the customs clearance process with all formalities to get a permit of entry of goods in Vietnam.
You have to provide information about certain things,
- Origin and destination of the goods
- Tax information of importer and exporter
- Quantity of packages, volume, weight, and description of goods
- Payable TAXes
And you will need to provide certain documents of,
- Commercial Invoice
- Bill of Lading
- Package List
- Any certificate if needed ( for restricted items and special approval)
Check here to know more about Vietnamese customs.
19. Do I have To Pay Customs Charge For Goods From China To Vietnam?
Customs charges or import duty is a must payable charge.
You have to pay the required customs charges to Vietnam customs after calculating the customs charges based on CIF.
20. How Much Do Customs Charge From China To Vietnam?
In addition to import, VAT and TAX are part of import duty in Vietnam.
The rate of import duties in Vietnam is either 0%, 5%, or 10%.
It might be raised to 100% in some cases.
The items that can not be produced in Vietnam, consume 0% customs charge. (machinery, vocational training, and teaching by law, aid for humanitarian, etc.)
5 % duties imposed on Medical equipment, equipment for agriculture, sugar, clean water, fresh food, etc.
10 % is the standard customs charge applied for the rest of the goods imported in Vietnam.
On the other side, special consumption taxes are imposed on luxury items which are 7% to 100% like luxurious cars with high capacity engines, cigarettes, etc.
21. Who Pays The Import Duty When Shipping From China To Vietnam?
The Customs Authority of Vietnam imposes customs duties on the imported goods after they reach Vietnam.
Generally, the importer is the payer of the custom duties.
Also, the exporter can pay the customs duty while exporting from China.
The DDP and DDU incoterms come here.
DDP means Delivery Duty Paid, and DDU means Delivery Duty Unpaid.
If the exporter paid the customs duty, that means delivery duty paid, if not, the importer must pay the delivery duty, which is under DDU incoterm.
On the contrary, a customs agent can also pay the customs duties on behalf of the importer and exporter.
22. How Long Does Vietnam Customs Take To Release Goods Shipped From China To Vietnam?
For the imported shipment, If your documents are okay, you paid all charges including VAT and TAX, Vietnam customs usually take 1 to 3 days to clear the customs process.
For the FCL container, customs might clear the process in 1 day.
But it might take 1 to 3 days for releasing the LCL Container.
23. What Happens If You Don’t Pay Customs Charges For Shipping Goods From China To Vietnam?
From all previous discussions, we come to know that the customs charge is a must payable charge.
There is no way to skip the customs charges if imposed on your goods imported from China to Vietnam.
If you don’t pay the customs charges, you will not get your goods released from the customs authority of Vietnam.
You will find essential question answers about importing goods from China to Vietnam in this FAQ article.
Think this will benefit you in importing goods from China to Vietnam if you are getting confused about anything to import in Vietnam.
You can also take expert help to get your goods imported to Vietnam from China.
HART Worldwide Logistics is here to help you in all ways.
So, why think?
Do contact us and get the best services.